Sunday, May 6, 2012

Barely Making It



Image Credit: www.morguefile.com cohdra
This may not apply to everyone out there but I am sure there are some that can relate to this situation. Budgeting gets tight. You are barely making it. You have moved either to a new location or a new job and things get piled up faster than you can sort them out and here you are in a new environment. The money you had set aside in the planning isn't stretching as far as you would have like it to and you are stuck. It's a temporary situation but it's a crisis none the less. Let's call this scenario the budge crunch cyclone. It truly can be a disaster if you let the situation pull your energy down.

Plan ahead in more than financial terms. Like you would stash money in a savings account to cover about 3 months of bills before you move on to your new life situation, set aside a store of foods that would cover that same period of time. It may not be 5 star cuisine but a full stomach in stressful times can make a world of difference when you are trying to figure out if you can make ends meet.

I constantly forget I have another check coming in and stress out about half way through the month about ALL the bills I have to pay. They get paid and I have a little left over. Every month I do have a budget amount of $25 per week for survival preparedness foods and items that I don't want to run out of if I have to lay low for a few weeks. This works for me.

Survival food storage is more than just sitting on a huge pile of cans and wheat and not using it. It's about applying frugal life styles to a disruption in our routines now and then.

I am emerging from a budget cyclone myself at the moment. I changed jobs recently and am currently waiting for things to get back to normal. Meals these days consist of what I have in the freezer and what I have in canned goods. Survival storage may not be dinner at a upscale restaurant but it can be gold in the event you are facing tough choices. I can spend what I have to on things I need to start my new job and keep current in my monthly expenses.

I am ok today. I have planned for events like this and, hey, it's not even Armegedon, yet!

More on foods to store: www.survival-recovery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook - Comments & Review