Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Container Gardening

Tomatoes and Lavender 2012
Gardening in small spaces is as simple as keeping a regular watering schedule. The maintenance level is low. Clean up is easy and if you decide you want to rearrange the area all you have to do is move the pot.


I have kept a container garden active for over 3 years now and really enjoy this hobby. Gardening is part of my preparedness planning and I am actively seeking out ways to make it more attractive and produce better. This year I added more herbs to my pots and am happy with the results I am getting. The tomatoes are producing and I am getting flowers on the peppers and the eggplant as well. This year I did not plant cucumbers but I may do just that when mid summer reaches us as the cucs tend to produce better in the fall.


The garden is not only a source of food stuff it is a nice place to relax and meditate. The area to me is soothing and helps me get back into a slower pace as I tend to it's light needs. The heaviest task that it needs is in the beginning of spring when I need to either replace soil or replant the pots. It's a healthy activity with fun results. The feeling of watching the plants produce their product is fun. The moment you actually can pluck and eat a fresh grown item makes the work very rewarding!


For Gallery and More info see: Container Gardening on Survival-Recovery.com







No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook - Comments & Review