Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Zombie Apocalypse Is Already Here

Mayan Calendar - Peel and Stick Wall Decal by Wallmonkeys

They were anxiously waiting the countdown on December 21, 2013. 


The Mayan Calendar came to an end. It sure did. But what most people fail to realize is that the Zombie Apocalypse is here and it has been for decades.



The Zombie Apocalypse is not in the form of a T Virus or some deadly plague - or is it? 


It is here among us in the form of drug dependent people who have let their use of chemicals over ride anything in their lives other than the pursuit of more. Look around you. Have you seen the way a Meth addict staggers? To me they walk like a worm wiggles. Slithering back and forth. This way and that. Just amblin along. The hardcore lost ones do this. Its sad but funny. They can't hide it. It shows in the way they talk. Their eyes all bugged out of their heads. Skeleton skinny and usually a conversation with them is impossible. Its a shame, too. Many of these folks are very intelligent or were before they got into trouble. These are our Zombies today. The only difference is they are not mumblin' "Brains!!!" or dragging broken body parts with
them.

It is a sad state of our world and one that will get worse as out economy and political climate darken. 


These folks are already desperate for anything they can use to get more dope. They rob and steal. Some can work but I doubt they can keep a job long. The drug holds too strong an influence over their minds and will.

Walking Dead Attack TV Poster Print
I bring this up because it is a minor tone of what will be happening when the SHTF for real. I am approached on a daily basis sometimes many times through my day and asked for money. I see them on the street corners and in the parking lots of large warehouse chain stores. My answer is NO - to them most of the time. I cannot help you until you choose to help yourself, is my reply. I do contribute occasionally to someone who is in need because my heart will tell me that person needs it. The rest of them can go put that in a pipe and smoke it!

Now, before you jump off the deep end and say I am bashing helpless people and I don't know what I am talking about, I want you to know that as of this moment I have been clean and sober for over 8 years now. I very well know what I am talking about. I have seen it. I have lived it. I survived my stint on the streets and that is what I am driven by today. 


I Am A Survivor!

I want to share with you this because while you are reading my posts, I want you to remember this. While most of them seem like Pollyanna - Aunt Bea from Mayberry light conversation, at the core of all of these writings is a woman who faced her demons, the streets, and survived a few years among people like I have described above. I am not an couch potato - PC nerd who hasn't ever left home.

I survived 25 years of off and on the streets and I know what it is like to go through a time span of hunger, what it means to be homeless, and how frightening it is to be so very alone with only the clothes on my back and a few things in my pockets to help me survive. Today I have a life worth fighting for and I will not let anything take it away from me. I prepare because I care. I share what I have learned and the things I stumble across in my searches so that you and I may meet on the road somewhere and be apart of the circle that is the core of the American Heart. Our patriots and preppers....

Read more preparedness at:
Survival-Recovery.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook - Comments & Review