Saturday, July 16, 2016

Product Review: Portable Rain Barrel

Collapsible Storage Container for Water

Portable Rain Barrel

Water is vital to human survival. We may last only a week without this valuable moisture. To ensure your family has a proper allotment of H2O, stash at least a gallon per person for the emergency storage plan. If you are planning on two weeks of backup water and you have four family members, you will need at least 56 gallons. Increase that by the amount of water needed for washing and that number doubles.
(See H2O - A few dozen healthy reasons to love water!)

Water storage is a high priority with a preparedness plan. While on the search for options on large capacity water storage containers, I ran across this lovely idea and immediately had it shipped. Imagine a portable rain barrel!  The price was affordable and I had to check it out. It was soon put to good use as we had storms moving through the area within the week that it had arrived.

The Portable Rain Barrel holds around 35 gallons of rainwater and it was simple to set up. The zippered top was smooth to close and the only issue I had was the water spigot assembly on the bottom of the unit. That issue was user error. It seems I had forgotten to close the gadget and all the rainwater that would have been held in the barrel freely ran out of the spout. Turn this to off when you assemble the hose attachment. 

The box size surprised me when it arrived. It was no more than a large poster box. I looked at it suspiciously when the postal worker dropped it off to me. No way will this thing hold 35 gallons. I did wait to put it together for about three days. Once I broke it out of the box I realized what a treasure I had found. The container was put to work under the crease on my roof since there are no rain gutters.

The first set up proved to be a little flimsy, but once it held water, the container sat on its own and has ever since. In time, I will empty it for fresh water addition, but for now, I am curious how long it will take to fill up. It has been about six weeks and the barrel is over half full. I am optimistic that the capacity would be overflowing had I thought to make sure the spigot valve was closed.  I can assure you, I will be buying another one in the near future

Read more about the Portable Rain Barrel on Amazon



The advertising links featured on these pages are products from various affiliate programs for the purposes of quality marketing. We feature them here because we recommend them as quality products and will not recommend something that will not meet your needs. By clicking on link and purchasing items you are contributing not only to your well being and needs but you are helping support the writer of this site with small residual income. This enables further research and time to keep working on these issues and topics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook - Comments & Review