Monday, March 26, 2012

H2O - Vital to Our Survival



Image Credit: MorgueFile


Storing Water


H2O is vital to human survival. It is the one thing we can not do with out. We use it for health, meals, and hygiene. Consider keeping a good supply on hand for emergencies. Storing enough water to take a full bath probably isn't practical. We each need enough to drink: 8 - 8oz servings and probably about another gallon per person for clean-up purposes.


Learn how to do water purification properly and how to store it. You never know when you might need it. I keep at least 2 cases of bottled water because my city's water is not something I care to drink. Keep a minimum of 4 - 1 gallon containers on hand for cooking and hot drinks. If I had more room than I have here at my apartment I would keep the larger 5 gallon bottles designed for water coolers.


In areas that have frightening weather conditions such as earthquakes, hurricanes, or strong storms, keeping water on hand is a necessity. Make sure you rotate you supply at least every 90 days. If you use your stored supply on a daily basis your rotation is automatic. 


There are many great water filter systems available on the market as well as small tools and chemicals you can use to make water safe for drinking. I prefer the small stuff for my needs as I don't have a lot of room in my home. 


In what ways do you use water?


Related Articles:
h2O Just Good Water

H2O Posts on Survival Recovery (wordpress blog)
http://survivalrecovery.wordpress.com/2012/07/10/using-hydrogen-peroxide-h2o2-to-purify-water/
http://survivalrecovery.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/h2o-bsf-biosand-water-filters/





                                       










No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook - Comments & Review